After being away from blogging for alittle while and looking at new blogs, I noticed that people are using "blog badges". These badges are click-able little pictures/photo’s that lead to different websites. For instance, the founder of CTMH uses a blog badge that once clicked leads to her personal scrapbooking blog. I’m always looking for new ways to make my blog look fresh and new, so I just learned how to make a blog badge and wanted to share the instructions with you. If you have any questions, please let me know.
For an example, look at my main website at and you’ll see several blog badges on the right column of my blog.
Step One: Choose a picture that you want to use for your blog badge. The size that I found that works best for a blog badge is 128 pixels x 128 pixels and should be saved in .jpg format.
Step Two: Set-up a Photobucket account. Its free and easy to use. I used Photobucket because the code that you need is easily accessible after you’ve saved your picture to their site.
Step Three: After you’ve saved your photo to the Photobucket website, click on the image and look for a screen that looks like the one below. Copy/paste the “HTML Code” into a Word document (so you can manipulate it).
Step Four: Replace the purple text with the web address you want your button to link to. (The pic is blurry but click on it and it will show up clearer.)
Step Five: From this point, copy and paste your new html code that you've edited in Word into wherever you want your blog badge to go. I use blogger.com for my website. So, in blogger.com, go to where you can edit the page elements of your website. Click on “add a gadget” and choose HTML/JavaScript as show in the picture below.
Click on the blue plus sign and in the next pop-up window, copy and paste the html code into the box. Click save. And voile, you’ve just created a blog badge!! Have fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment